DJ Cally Gage tells Frenzy about her forthcoming gig with Frisky
18th September 2008 - interview copyright of Frenzy
When Cally Gage was booked for Frenzy a couple of months ago we couldn't think of a better guest. After all, everytime she's been down we've had record numbers of clubbers. But then we thought how could we go one better... well there was only one way and that was to ask another one of our favourite guest stars Frisky to join her behind the decks. Here's what Cally has to say about it.
1. Hey Cally, I thought we’d have a quick chat before your forthcoming, and third appearance for Frenzy. How’s your year going so far? Any highlights?
My year has been incredible so far thank you, so many things have happened. I’d be here all day if I went through everything though, so I’ll just give you all a quick run-down:
I got signed to the huge STRIKE Agency in January, along with other DJ’s such as Lisa Lashes, BK, Andy Whitby and Anne Savage. I’ve also been lucky enough to play in places such as Ireland, Sweden, Spain, Ibiza (three times) and Taiwan.
And... I’ve also just mixed part of the ‘Frantic 11’ album which was released in early September and I’ve also had a track featured on the huge BK producer showcase album called ‘Nu Wave’.
I never really sit back and think at what I’ve done over the year, so to see it written down like that is quite a shock – I’m definitely happy with how 2008 has gone so far!
2. You’ve graced the Frenzy decks on quite a few occasions now, and it always seems to be a great night when you do come down! Could you sum up Frenzy for anyone who’s not been before?
I always look forward to playing at Frenzy in Bournemouth as it’s just one of those parties that you know you’re going to have a good time at! The Dusk Till Dawn crowd are wicked, they’re definitely always up for a good party!
So if they’re not enough good reasons for you to come along to Frenzy, then just come anyway and you can find out for yourself!
3. You’re one of the artists lucky enough to have been involved with BK on his ‘Nu Wave’ collaborations album on Riot! What was it like to work with who is undoubtedly the biggest and most influential producer from the hard house scene?
Amazing! I learnt so much from him, not just on the engineering side of things but just generally chatting to him about his career and also getting advice on mine.
He was probably bored stiff from my relentless questioning, but it isn’t very often that you get the chance to spend two days with someone as talented as Ben and I took full advantage of that!
4. This is the plug question, so if you’ve got anything you want to flog or advertise then here’s your chance to tell the Frenzy massive … plug away and tell us if there’s anything in CallyWorld we should be looking out for during the remainder of 2008.
Right, here we go then: I’m going back into the studio with Klubfiller to work on a remix of a classic tune and I’m hoping to get back in with the talented Tom Parr at some point as well.
I’m also currently working on a project with Traffic Records and Riot Recordings, so all should be revealed with this in the next few weeks – sorry, but I’m not allowed to say much more on this I’m afraid!
Other than that, I’m going to be carrying on doing what I love best – playing my music to clubbers up and down the country, each and every weekend. My diary is looking pretty full at the moment, so I’m sure to be in a nightclub near you at some point soon.
5. Cally Gage b2b Frisky is the dream team we reckon, and what follows is a dubious link to the next question… what was the last dream or just the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
Do you know what...? I never actually remember any of my dreams, honestly! I am constantly tired, so whenever I go to sleep, I sleep so deeply that I don’t actually remember anything when I wake up.
Rubbish answer I know, but that’s the truth. Although my friend Debbie remembers all of her dreams and they are seriously weird, I’ll make sure to ask her when I see her next!
6. Last, but not least… what can the Frenzy clubbers expect from Cally Gage on the third of October in Bournemouth?
The same as usual really – a set full of the best hard dance tunes ever, me dancing around and screaming like a loon, as well a load of silly shenanigans between me and the gorgeous Frisky.
See you all on the 3rd of October guys. Big hugs, Cally xx
For more information on BK's new album which Cally Gage appears on please visit the Riot website @ riotinlondon.com.
Cally Gage will next appear for Frenzy alongside DJ Frisky on October the 3rd 2008 at Dusk Till Dawn nightclub. Check out our forthcoming hard dance events for more details.
Photos courtesy of Charlie Raven, Anthony James Davis, and unknown sources.