DJ Frisky interview for Frenzy before her b2b Cally Gage gig
21st September 2008 - interview copyright of Frenzy
Frisky is a regular fixture at Frenzy parties, and is the one guest that our clubbers always ask us to get back. In October she'll be returning once again to the Dusk Till Dawn decks, but this time will be playing an exclusive back to back appearance with the one and only Cally Gage.
1. Hi Holley, I thought we’d have a quick chat before your exclusive club back to back appearance for Frenzy with Cally Gage. As far as I know the only time you’ve performed as a pair was at the recent Sanctuary festival. You’ve had great reviews for this set, so how did you find DJ’ing together? Any differences of opinion or was it all plain sailing?
When we first found out we were playing b2b I think we were both a bit sceptical about how it would work. However, as soon as we started playing the set just fell into place perfectly. It was definitely one of the most enjoyable b2bs I have ever done and I really can’t wait to do it again!
2. You’ve both graced the Frenzy decks on quite a few occasions now, and it always seems to be a great night when you do come down. Could you sum up Frenzy for anyone who’s not been before?
For anyone who hasn’t been to Frenzy before it is one club night that has a really good atmosphere and friendly feel about it. Everybody is so happy and up for it, it instantly rubs off on you!
3. You’re one of the artists lucky enough to have been involved with the new Frantic album album. What was it like putting this together – did you choose the tracks entirely yourself?
Yes, the tracks were entirely my own choice. When I got asked to do it I was asked to submit six tracks and they would then find out if they could licence them to the album. Luckily there were no problems and I was told the week later to crack on and get it mixed!
4. I remember you telling your Facebook buddies a while back about being a “substitute” for the last series of Big Brother. Any chance you could share the experience briefly with the Frenzy clubbers?
Basically I was approached by E4 last October asking me to fill in an application for the Celebrity Big Brother Hijack they were doing in the January which would replace the usual Celebrity Big Brother show.
The show was all about 18-21yr olds with a specific talent and they found me on my MySpace pages.
To cut a long story short I had to attend an interview in London and was then short-listed to attend a ‘guinea pig’ run which meant spending 4 days in the actual house for a trial run of the show. I then instantly became a stand in housemate (if anyone walked or pulled out).
One guy who was on the guinea pig run with me was a guy called Jay who made it onto the actual show. It was one hell of an experience which I am really chuffed I got to do – not many people can say they spend 4 days in the Big Brother House!
5. This is the plug question, so if you’ve got anything you want to flog or advertise then here’s your chance to tell the Frenzy massive … plug away and tell us if there’s anything in Frisky World we should be looking out for during the remainder of 2008!
Well of course the Frantic 11 CD is out now – go and buy it! I am also just finishing of an EP with MDA & Spherical which is due out this year on Masif Records. I am also returning to play in Germany in October for Infinity Rave as well as the usual shenanigans here in the UK so its all go at the moment!
6. Cally Gage b2b Frisky is the dream team we reckon, and what follows is a dubious link to the next question… what was the last dream or just the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
My dreams are usually so messed up I can hardly ever describe them to people! Before a big gig though I usually get a dream that I arrive at the club and I have forgotten my record bag – not sure what that means but I pray to god it doesn’t happen to me!
7. Last, but not least… what can the Frenzy clubbers expect from Cally Gage b2b Frisky on the third of October in Bournemouth?
Well all I can say is make sure you have plenty of energy! This set is gonna be packed with the biggest tunes in our boxes (no jokes please!) so it is going to be one fun filled 2 hours of stomping! I really can’t wait, I love Cally’s sets so it’s an absolute pleasure to be playing b2b with her again! See you all there! xx
Frisky will next appear for Frenzy alongside Cally Gage on October the 3rd 2008 at Dusk Till Dawn nightclub. Check out our forthcoming hard dance events for more details.
Photos courtesy of Charlie Raven and Lost in London.